What would you expect from a product nicknamed ‘Internet’s most comfortable mattress’? If it’s undeniable comfort, durability, adaptive surface, and a bed that sleeps cool, Puffy has got them all!
At the base, Puffy is an all-foam product that comes to your doorstep rolled in the standard box-shaped package. However, deep inside, the mattress features a unique blend of foams that provides sleepers with a fantastic experience while in slumber.
To make sure everything is according to the promise, we reviewed Puffy and their claims. The result is impressive, and we couldn’t be happier with the product, and you can see why below. There is also a short version of our review available here.
- An all-foam formula, with adaptive support and pressure relief – The foam inside Puffy is adaptive and firm, so it can offer both softness and support exactly where you need it the most.
- Works for all kinds of sleepers – Regardless of your favorite position, the surface will adapt to your body shape (all due to new technology). However, it is best ranked for back and side sleepers.
- USA-sourced materials and manufactured in the country – Many producers tend to import materials to cut costs, but this also cuts quality. With Puffy you can rest assured that all their materials are USA-sourced, and the products are put together locally. Even more, each mattress is handcrafted to order, keeping things fresh at all times.
- High-quality foam – No harmful chemicals are used to produce the foam inside the Puffy as they only use CertiPUR-US materials.
- Easy to install in your home – Because Puffy works with any surface, it’s easy to find it a place in your home.
- It’s not 100% viscoelastic – Also known as memory foam, viscoelastic is a bit slower and feels softer than Puffy’s surface. So, if your heart is set on the traditional foam feeling, you may want to take a different direction.
- It’s not an innerspring bed –Yes, the bedding is firm and a bit bouncy, but it is not the same as if it had coils inside.
- Beds delivered by box scare you – We know it may seem anticlimactic to roll out a flat surface and then watch it expand into a fully-functional bed, but that’s how things work these days. The technology is safe, and it doesn’t affect any of the product’s features.
It seems that you only need two layers to provide the ultimate comfort: a Cooling Cloud Foam and a Firm Core Support.
The first layer – We have a 3-inch intelligent surface infused with gel particles that open the cellular structure of the foam and allow air to move freely. The material also uses convection and conduction to absorb the heat from around your body and disperse it through the entire surface.
The Second layer – Is designed to provide you with good back support. It is 7 inches thick and uses Insta-Firm technology to improve response time and create a solid base for your mattress.
When combined, these two layers create a surface that contours to your curves, but also gives lumbar support and keeps the spine aligned by not allowing your hips and shoulders to sink in. While reviewing it, we tested the core support in several positions, and the product behaved exemplary. The response time is fast, and the bed maintains a bouncy aspect without being too firm or too soft.
Most reviews don’t mention this but we also want to mention the zip-an-wash cover that’s amazingly soft to touch and can be easily removed and washed. This makes the maintenance aspect extremely simple, which is pretty rare in the world of mattresses. Not to mention, the cover has a cute cloud pattern that makes you think about sleeping like Cupid among fluffy white flurries.
Firmness is one of the features we reviewed, and while the site says their product is more a medium-firm, we see it as a firm with a soft comfort layer on top. This is one of the reasons why back sleepers had a blast on the mattress, and sensitive side sleepers didn’t find it just as comfortable.
The firmness is mostly situated at the base, but the top layer isn’t exactly soft. Overall, we can say that Puffy will rather keep you on top than in the layers, which is a good thing for most sleepers out there.
Still, the surface has contouring properties, and there is plenty of lumbar support to keep everyone happy.
If you’re wondering why we give so much attention to the cooling system, you probably never slept on a memory foam surface before! These have a tendency to overheat, which in time leads to an agitated sleep behavior and less high-quality sleep.
As a result, modern foam mattresses use different cooling systems to avoid this flaw. Puffy solved the heat problem by using a layer of gel-infused foam that increases air flows 8 times better than with traditional foam.
While gel-infused foam is not something new nowadays, the technology in Puffy is rather unique because it gets read of the extra heat through conduction and convection.
Foam is the go-to material when you want to have extremely low motion transfer on a surface. But the designer foam created especially for this product is one step further due to the body adapting formula. The layer on top molds to your body and cradles every curve until you feel like you’re lying on a cloud and not in your bedroom, on a surface covered with foam. This is possible due to the special adaptations of the foam and the ingenious combination of firm and adaptive formulas.
- 101-night, risk-free trial – The product can be tested in your own home for 101 nights. If during this time you learn you don’t like the surface, you simply ask the company to come pick it up.
- Free delivery and returns –The bed will be sent to you and picked up from you without any extra fees.
- Bed-in-a-box concept – Yes, Puffy is delivered to your doorstep, rolled up, which makes it easy to move and install.
- Lifetime warranty – Covers the product, as long as you are the original buyer.
- Donations for the community – The company likes to get involved in supporting needy children, and they tend to offer beds and other ways of support.