eLuxury (the former ELuxury Supply) is an Indiana-based mattress company that sells its products online and delivers following the standard bed-in-box concept.
Right now, they have several products that are all about sleep comfort, but when it comes to actual beds, there are only two different models: a 10-inch all-foam design and a hybrid 12-inch one. Both surfaces are wildly popular among buyers due to eLuxury’s commitment to high-quality and low prices, so we’ll be reviewing the 10-inch eLuxury model.
If you’re looking for a quick account of the details and features, check our summary here. However, if you’re interested in buying, we recommend you continue reading to get all the necessary information.
- It is handcrafted in the US – It is a product 100% American and all the materials used are fresh and free of any harmful chemicals.
- The surface is bouncy and soft – Due to gel infusions, the top layer of foam is both soft and bouncy, the beds provide good back support and cradling.
- Molds to your body shape – The foam responds to your unique body shape and needs, which is why eLuxury is great for all types of sleepers.
- Motion transfer is minimal – Just like with most foams out there, the motion is well-isolated so you can easily share this surface with a partner or a hyperactive.
- Doesn’t sleep hot – The gel used as foam infusions is designed to keep the surface cool and doesn’t allow any overheating, regardless of outside temperature.
- No pressure points – The lack of springs and other firm materials create that ideal surface where the body sinks in a bit, without having that quicksand With this foam behavior all pressure points are eliminated.
- Good value for your money – The price is incredibly affordable for such a wonderful bed, with so many impressive features!
- It’s not a hybrid surface – If you want the push-back action brought on by inner-coils, we recommend trying the 12-inch version. The 10-inch Gel Mattress is not equipped with springs.
- It’s not memory foam – The gel infusion and designer foam take this surface away from the slow response, puffy feeling of the viscoelastic If you’re worried it won’t accommodate your side sleeping behavior, you should know the surface is wonderfully supportive and soft at the same time.
- Maybe too soft for people who enjoy a firm bed – The two layers of foam and the soft cover may be too plush if you prefer a latex-like surface.
- No natural fibers – Given that the foam used is related to the NASA viscoelastic material, eLuxury is not equipped with eco-friendly materials.
The eLuxury mattress is simple in construction and only has two layers of foam on the inside:
- eLux Gel Memory Foam (3 inches thick) – The 3lbs layer of foam is infused with gel particles that open the dense structure of the foam. This allows the air to move through the foam, wicking away moisture and temperature form the body. Even more, the gel particles absorb the heat and dissipate it towards the layer beneath, creating a more comfortable surface than regular foam.
- High-Density Support Foam (7 inches) – Just like most all-foam mattresses, eLuxury is equipped with a solid foam base (1.8lbs density) that provides back support and helps with pressure relief.
It’s important to mention that all the foams used to make this mattress are CertiPUR-US certified and the company is always looking to use only US-sourced materials.
The cover can be removed, and machine washed which makes maintenance pretty simple. Also, the material is soft and breathable contributing to the mattress’s cooling system. Finally, we loved the knitted top and the fact that the side panels are woven, to ensure better support and keep the cover protected.
We only reviewed eLuxury’s 10-inch version, but we also want our readers to be well-informed when they make a buying decision. This is why, when it comes to firmness, we also talk about the 12-inch version.
First, it’s important to know that the version that is 12-inches thick is a hybrid and not an all-foam like the 10-inch. As a result, the feel will be pretty different.
Overall, the Gel Memory 10-inch surface is quite soft, but it doesn’t allow for too much sinkage. This is due to the firm foam at the bottom, which provides support and spine alignment.
This version is great for side sleepers who need a surface that doesn’t create any pressure points around the hips or shoulders. Still, back sleepers who like a softer bed may also find it enjoyable.
The inner structure of this mattress is designed with four different layers, which provide support and a bouncy surface for the sleeper.
In comparison with the all-foam version, eLuxury kept the foam base that is still 7-inches thick, but the top layers are a bit different. Over the base, there is a layer of micro-coils (1.5 inches thick), one layer of BIOH gel latex (1 inch thick), and one layer of memory foam (1.5 inches thick) infused with gel.
This gives the surface some springiness and makes it more flexible, suited for back sleepers and stomach sleepers who don’t need a very firm bed.
The entire cooling system of eLuxury is based on millions of tiny gel particles that open the structure of the foam and allow the air to move up or down. The gel also absorbs heat and sends it away from your body so you can have a comfy sleep, with the optimum temperature.
The cooling process in the 12-inch version is a bit different due to the micro-coils and the gel latex layer that add to the general temperature control system.
Foam is always recommended when you want a surface that doesn’t transmit movement through the entire surface. Now, because eLuxury is made with two different types of foam, motion isolation is very well-implemented.
The top layer, being softer, absorbs the movement, while the base layer (which is bouncier), provides support and doesn’t give in when the movement on top has more momentum.
As a result, you can share the bed with a partner who is a bit more agitated while sleeping. The same goes if you have a pet that likes to move around at night.
- Free shipping & returns – The company offers free shipping and returns (if you decide to send it back), but they also ship internationally (which is impressive).
- Delivered in a box – True to the concept, eLuxury comes rolled up in a box to make it easier to transport and install.
- Free 120 night Trial – If you don’t like it after sleeping on it for 120 nights, you can return it and ask for your money back.
- 10-year full-coverage warranty – The product is covered against any manufacturing defect or malfunction.
- A company that works with charities – While reviewing I found out that they help out the community, for every 45 mattresses sold they donate one to a charity.