We are excited about this review because we tested the wonderful Luxi Bed. To be more precise, we are reviewing Luxi 3-in-1 Adjustable, a mattress that we instantly fall in love with. They also have another one, called the Luxi One (we’ll give you some insight about that one as well).
As you are guessing by its name, this bed is easily adjustable, and its three layers can be combined just the way you prefer. You can switch them and have a new mattress with different firmness. We are huge fans of mattresses that allow us to adjust them based on our desire or needs.
This way you are saving money and still get three different layers that can be changed whenever you want.
Are you in a hurry? Our short review is here.
- Adjusting your mattress is your dream coming true – We enjoyed combining Luxi’s layers and change the layers according to our sleeping preference. This is a smart investment for people who get tired sleeping on the same surface after a while.
- You sleep in all positions – Depending on how you’ll adjust your Luxi you get a different firmness level; this mattress is ideal for all sleeping positions, and you no longer have to think that you bought the wrong bed because now you have 3 in 1.
- Motion transfer is crucial for you and your partner – We also care about this feature because it feels quite unpleasant when your partner’s movements transfer to your side, and you get an interrupted sleep. Luxi has an outstanding motion transfer thanks to the high-density foam that absorbs every motion so both partners get to sleep peacefully.
- You seek a pressure relief mattress – Luxi is not only adjustable but it also provides pressure relief with every layer. Your spine and joints will be cradled and supported, and you won’t feel any discomfort no matter what layer you picked and no matter what position you sleep in.
- You don’t like mattresses with adjustment – If you have more traditional preferences we guess that you probably won’t like the idea of removing the cover and combine the layers. If this seems like a lot of work then Luxi isn’t for you.
- You prefer hybrids (with pocketed coils) – There are people who value a good coil bounce that also provide contouring and allows them to get up easily. Even though Luxi has very responsive layers of polyfoam and won’t let you sink into the core, some people may find spring beds more suitable for them.
- You only need one level of firmness – No matter what level it may be, you don’t see how an adjustable bed can work for you; you stick to your preferred firmness and wouldn’t mind having a bed that doesn’t require any changes.
As the name says, Luxi has three various layers that are wrapped in one comfortable mattress. Based on your preference, you can change them and always have a different firmness level (soft, medium and firm). We love this feature because you don’t have to invest money in a new bed after a while, all you have to do is combine the layers.
This is what Lexi is made of:
- Cover – It’s made of polyester and viscose, making the fabric soft to the touch but also absorbent of moisture. It also provides cooling effect; the cover has a little amount of memory foam which adds comfort and relief when you lay down.
- Layer of Comfort – Its designers also call it SBT layer (support, bounce, and technology); this layer responds well to your body frame and takes shape according to your body lines. This layer has a series of small channels that resemble pockets that allow airflow and natural body contouring.
- Layer for Pressure Relief – This layer is made of memory foam and is 1 inch thick. We loved that this layer slowly responded to our body pressure and worked as an extra comfort layer; you can feel that as you sink a little deeper into it. For the soft level, this layer goes on top.
- Layer of Support – This layer is also 1 inch thick and is completely made of LuxiTex foam, which is very similar to latex. This foam is used to add a cooling effect to the mattress, but also because it quickly responds to body pressure. It also gives enough bounce for easy movement and even easier getting up. When you are adjusting your Luxi to medium firm this layer goes on top.
- Base – Luxi’s foundation is made of high-density poly foam; it gives enough support for the layers but also longevity for the whole mattress. Even though this is the base layer, it goes on top if you want to adjust your mattress to the firm level.
The custom firmness reviewed: As you can see we didn’t give a fixed rate for Luxi 3-in-1 Adjustable. Naturally, depending on how you adjust it, you get three different levels of firmness – soft, medium and firm. All of the levels are outstanding; the soft one feels like a cloud and would impress stomach sleepers. The medium level which we personally loved is excellent for side and stomach sleepers, while the firm level is ideal for back sleepers and for people who want to improve their posture and reduce back pain.
In general, every layer responses well to your body weight, and provides lovely pressure relief. We loved the slight sinking into the memory foam (sinking varies from level to level).
This mattress is not adjustable but feels very comfortable and quite soft. It’s ideal if you are a stomach sleeper because its softness won’t cause you extreme pressure on the usual pressure points. It’s terrific for lightweight sleepers and for people who are preferring softer sleeping surfaces.
Luxi 3-in-1 Adjustable will provide you with a refreshing and cooler sleep. The cover absorbs moisture and gives a cooling effect to the entire sleeping surface. The SBT layer has small channels that look like pockets which allow a constant airflow and more refreshing sleep free of overheating or sweating.
When we slept on our backs while reviewing, especially near the edges we didn’t feel any discomfort nor did we feel less support than we felt in the middle of the sleeping surface. Yes, there is a slight compression near the edges, which is normal. The SBT layer contours the body nicely so there is no chance you can feel as if you aren’t safe in this position. When sitting near the edges there is some sinking, depending mostly how you adjust your layers (of course the softest adjustment will allow you to sink in a little more).
The cover which also contains a little amount of memory foam also cradles your body and allows you to sink in a little bit (but still, the surface below us felt supportive and safe enough).
When comes to motion transfer we gave it a solid 9.3 because this bed absorbs even the slightest movement – it’s ideal if you share it with a partner who tends to toss and turn often.
- 100-nights sleep trial – Just like most companies, Luxi too gives you more than three months of sleep trial.
- 10 years of warranty – We appreciate long guarantees because we see it as a proof of quality work.
- Free shipping for all mattresses – They will deliver your Luxi compressed in a box and won’t charge you for that service.